Applications for Membership of DFBF are welcome. These should be submitted using the form below, for approval by the DFBF. Members may come from any faith/belief community or none, but must endorse the aims and objectives of the Forum (see below). There is currently no membership fee.
Members receive email updates, and, if they wish, may also attend the regular meetings of the Forum & vote at the AGM.
If you simply wish to receive email updates, please let us have your email address.
The mailing list is open to anyone. Your contact details will be used solely to send you DFBF mailings, and will not be shared either with any third parties, or with others within the DFBF without your permission.
Please complete the form below. You will then be sent an email confirming your submission, and we will be in touch.
Aims of the Forum
- To affirm the contribution of the faith and belief communities to the spiritual, environmental, social and economic life of Devon (which includes Plymouth and Torbay)
- To promote good relations and respect between people and break down barriers of prejudice
- To enable better awareness, understanding and support between different faith and belief traditions and their involvement in community life
- To promote inter-faith dialogue and multifaith activities
- To involve faith and belief groups in the civic life and community activities of Devon and encourage their participation in community affairs
- To improve the quality of life for local people by working together on agreed projects, demonstrating partnership between different faiths and beliefs
- To encourage dialogue and provide an opportunity for faith and belief organisations to network with each other, with strategic partnerships and with other relevant public bodies
- To promote the interests and concerns of Devon faith and belief communities
- To recognise the contribution of faith and belief to schools, education and the Standing Advisory Councils for Religious Education (SACRE)
- To offer a positive response and support when challenges come.